Divine Mercy Parish has been divided into 9 areas/zones and 9 members from each area/zone are elected as Area Leaders. It was started by Fr.George inviting leaders to come and get involved in building the Church.
The present PPC members were elected in June 2017 and has been dynamically working to support the Parish fathers in organizing the various activities in the Church as well as at the area level.
The following are the main activities carried out during the past year.
- Christmas Float in Vadgaon Sheri area.
- Our Lady of Vailankanni Feast and Procession around the parish.
- Area wise adoration on the feast of Christ the King.
- Area wise recitation of the Rosary.
- Organizing Our Lady’s feast Mass at the Grotto on 31st
- Assisting in various Novenas and Feast day celebrations in the Church.
- Initiative to install a Sign Board with the name of the Church at the entrance gate.
- Construction of the Blessed Sacrament, the Adoration Chapel.
- Construction of a new Meeting Room in the Church basement.
- Publication of the Souvenir on the occasion of the Tenth Anniversary of the Divine Mercy Church.
In addition to the above, the area leaders visit families in their respective areas and also carry out collection for Church support.
Our future plan is to consider various possibilities in making the parish self-sufficient by generating funds through various activities, like, renting out the Meeting Room, basement or Church grounds. We PPC members together with priests and parishioners wish to uplift the parish to a higher level. We are grateful to Fr. Malcolm and Fr. Vivek for their constant support and guidance.